The Treasurer is responsible for:
- Mailing a property tax statement in January of each year.
- Collecting manufactured home property taxes.
- Performing delinquency process sale of taxes at Tax Lien Sale.
The Assessor is responsible for:
- Establishing a valuation on the manufactured home and notifying the owner by May 1st each year if there is a value change from the prior year.
- Answering questions and correcting problems concerning property valuation.
- Hearing and reviewing all protests on the assessed valuation during May of each year.
The Manufactured Home Owner is responsible for:
- Applying for a new title with the Mesa County Motor Vehicle Department within 45 days of the sale of a new manufactured home or within 30 days of the sale of a previously owned manufactured home.
- If you do not have a title and you have been paying the taxes, contact the Treasurer's Office to discuss options for obtaining a title.
- Timely payment of property taxes.
- Carefully reviewing the Notice of Valuation received from the assessor.
- Contacting the assessor if the owner does not understand the Notice of Valuation.
- Notifying the assessor of any mailing address changes. Changes must be submitted in writing to the assessor's office.
- Contact Mesa County Planning/Building Dept prior to locating manufactured home within unincorporated Mesa County, Code: Sec 29-7-10.
The Manufactured Home Renter is responsible for:
- Forwarding the property tax notice to the owner if the renter is not responsible for payment.
- IMMEDIATELY notifying the owner or liable party of ANY foreclosure or distraint action taken by the treasurer.